Capn's Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Not wasted at all

My parents-in-law are here in Australia at the moment. They live across the road. I suppose it's better than being in the same house, but not the ideal case of them being several continents away.

They come here in the heat of summer, won't go outside even in the cool of the morning, and end up just so bored in their little bubble that they start to grizzle about everything and nothing. From past experience, it's only a matter of time before we get dragged in. Sigh.

Anyway, I went to speak to my mother-in-law last night. I had a family photo to give her that I took yesterday morning. And thanks to studying Chinese this year, it's actually easier for me to speak with her in Chinese than in English.

Yay. Feeling good. Sense of accomplishment. I never thought this year was a waste of time, but it's certainly gratifying to get a reward from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home