Capn's Blog

Friday, December 02, 2005

Being drunk

People say I'm funny when I'm drunk. I mean it's natural to think you're funny when you're drunk, but people say I'm funnier than that even.

Being drunk is fun. It doesn't lower my inhibitions (since in general I really don't care what people think of me). What it does do is give me a great excuse to be more like the real me, the me I keep hidden. It gives me a chance to say things I wouldn't ordinarily say.

When I feel drunk, I can hide it. Totally. But why should I? That'd be missing out on the fun.

The way I see it, I think "people know I'm drunk, I may as well use the moment to let my hair down." So I trot out the standard devices of comedy - puns, sharp relief and timing.

Last night I had a few drinks at a meeting. And I know the humour thing was working because people were laughing at just the right time.

I like being drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home