Capn's Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Passed my Chinese course

Yay!

Just got my results for 2nd year Chinese, which I've been studying this year. 1st term: HD (High Distinction), 2nd term: DI (Distinction).

Happy now.

Of course, I don't think it really means anything. I struggle in both listening and speaking and that's what really counts.

I just don't know if I can handle the pace of this year's course again. I've got enough time to cram in the new words, but really no time to actually use it or do the exercises.

I'm hearing talk that next year the course will be limited to 8 chapters instead of the 15 we did this year. And that we'll spend a lot more time on verbal exercises (which I think would be really good). On that basis, I think I could do it.

The problem is, can the Uni do that? Just arbitrarily decide to halve the course content? How can it still award a certificate at the end of the year? And won't that devalue the certificates of the previous years?

I don't understand. Scared. Confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home