Capn's Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Natural Wonder I


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Rainbow1.png

I saw a rainbow this morning.

Makes me remember the other day that my kids told me that "at the end of the rainbow you can find treasure". I don't know who told them that, but it's nice to know that someone's passing on the same cultural heritage I got when I was little.

Such things are wondrous to kids. As adults, we've "grown up" and we're not so easily moved by such notions of fantasy.
Here's a web page where you can play with a raindrop:

But does something have to be fantasy to be fantastic? Whenever I see a rainbow, I think of the light and it's journey, and while I'm no longer blown away by the notion of a pot of gold, I don't need to be, because the notion of what the light is doing to make that rainbow is (for me) even more fantastic than fantasy.

Hmm.
Coming back to Earth a little, in 1991 I saw a coloured cloud. Not slightly coloured, I mean a cloud fully decked out in rainbow colours. It was about 1pm on a bright summer's day. Not a cloud in the sky, except for this one. I think it was something like this:
But the cloud was much more compact, and the colours more vivid.
I think I will remember that cloud for a long time.


(Found one the same: here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home