Capn's Blog

Friday, March 03, 2006

Free Krispy Kreme donuts

I visited the USA in 1998, just before my first son was born. A kind friend of mine who lives in Alabama looked after me when I was in the area. Showed me the sights and made sure I had a good time.

One of the places we went was a donut chain called Krispy Kreme. They make the most wonderful, heavenly donuts.

Krispy Kreme has opened a few stores in Australia, but they are all in the state of New South Wales, not in Victoria where I live. They have, however, announced they'll be opening a store here in June.

As a promotion, Krispy Kreme handed out 10,000 donuts free yesterday morning. I got there half an hour early but the queue was already 100m long. By the time I got to the front of the queue, it was 200m long.

I got my free donut, ate it (oh so heavenly, no-one makes donuts like Krispy Kreme, no-one), found the second shorter queue (50m long) and got another one. I also asked for an empty box. I put the second donut in the box and shared it with my buddies in the office.



The best bit was walking through the city with an empty box, people giving me the most hateful looks because they all thought it was full... :-)

I really want another one. Maybe I'm addicted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home